It is well known the beneficial effect of chicken soup that is a natural medicine, for colds and flu, but there are other natural remedies that can help you against a nasty cold or flu such as those made from honey.
Honey Remedies for Coughs, Colds and Sore Throat
Honey is an important ingredient against all forms of colds and flu. Let’s several, efficient herbal remedies with honey that can be your powerful allies against these medical conditions.
1|Natural Cough Syrup
– To make a natural cough syrup, you need to boil a lemon for about 10 minutes. Strain the juice and add two tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of glycerin.
– If you’re are dealing with an inflammation of the throat an you should put two tablespoons of dried rosemary over half a liter of boiling water and let it infuse for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid and add lemon and honey.
2| Garlic Mixed with Honey for Colds and Sore Throat
– Crush 2-3 cloves of garlic and mix with 4-5 teaspoons of honey. Take one teaspoon every half hour. However garlic contains more than twenty antiviral and antibacterial substances that make it the most powerful natural known antidote against influenza.
3| Lemon Mixed with Honey for Sore Throat
– Mix half a peeled lemon with 4-5 tablespoons of honey and drink this mixture after your meals. Lemon cures colds and virosis due to the rich content of vitamin C.
– Lemon tea can be done very well treating colds and flu: Lemon tea is obtained from 3 lemons cut into quarters and put to boil in 500 ml water. Allow boiling for 5-10 minutes and you can drink it sweetened with honey.
4| Linden and Rose Hips Tea with Honey for Flu
– One cup of lime or rosehip tea with honey and lemon. This mixture is a sure remedy against flu. Fresh rosehip tea is good for colds and flu by its high content of vitamin C. In fact, vitamin C tablets are made of rosehip.
5| Onion Tea with Honey for Cough
– Boil for about 10-15 minutes, 4-5 unpeeled onions in one liter of water. Strain the juice and sweeten with honey. Drink the onion tea with rare sips during the day. You need to drink it until cough disappears. Onion is a real treasure for your health. It contains nutrients such as phosphorus, calcium and ascorbic acid, or vitamin C.
6| Hot Baths
– When you already feel chills when you have already a runny nose and sore throat, hot baths are the easiest and simplest way to stop the disease from beginning. These baths lower considerably the microbial resistance to the remedies.
It is important to get rid of cold, to dress thicker, try to stay home and do not move from a hot to a cold temperature