Pomegranate content is extremely rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that prevent and protect your body from many medical problems that might occur. Pomegranate is a fruit known for millenia, perhaps one of the oldest used fruits, found in many artifacts and documents of many ancient peoples.
Discover, which are the benefits of this miraculous fruit in the opinion of Dr.Oz, the famous American surgeon.
What is actually pomegranate?
Pomegranate is a sourish fruit that is high in nutrients beneficial to human body. In fact, this fruit is extremely rich in various phytochemical compounds such as polyphenols, flavonoids and very potent antioxidants. You should know that a pomegranate juice has much more antioxidants than green tea, cranberries, blueberries, or even a glass of red wine.
However, if you are not quite familiar with this fruit, you need to know that pomegranate is a red-brownish fruit with a pretty tough skin and you can use the seeds and the juice that are the only one edible.
In this article, I will expose the main benefits of pomegranate consumption, according to Dr.Oz.
1. It helps you to burn fat: According to many experts, this fruit has a high content in antioxidants that help you burn fat and speed up your metabolism.
2. It does not increase your blood sugar levels: Unlike other fruits that can cause a surge in blood glucose levels, pomegranate will not cause this effect and can therefore be considered as a reliable ally in your fight against weight loss. It is also a fruit used by people suffering from diabetes.
3. Lowers bad cholesterol and regulates blood pressure: Pomegranate has a beneficial effect on the heart due to certain substances in its composition. It is useful for people who have high blood pressure and those with high levels of cholesterol. You should regularly consume pomegranate if you want to lower your blood pressure level and get rid of bad cholesterol.
4. Decreases the risk of prostate cancer: According to some studies that have been conducted recently, pomegranate juice has a significant effect in preventing prostate cancer.
5. How to choose pomegranate and how to seed it: Seeding this tough fruit may seem at a first glance, a lot of work but there are easy ways to do it. A good ripe pomegranate must be completely red, have no black spots and not excessively soft.
Wash the fruit thoroughly, then cut at the ends and cut off only the skin with a sharp knife. The easiest way to take the seeds without getting dirty is to loosen them gently in a bowl of water. Then you can keep them in the refrigerator in an airtight jar and use them in smoothies, juices, puddings and salads.