Candles have a special place in a home ambiance. Many of us are using candles because they are a beautiful decoration element, have a specific fragrance or simply as a source of light.
Today, the role of decorative candles is undeniable. More and more people have began using decorative candles for home interior beautification. Also, many cafes, clubs, tea-houses, restaurants, beauty salons, etc. use scented candles for relaxation or to create a relaxing atmosphere.
Depending on the use, form and purpose, there are different types of candles.
Decorative candles may have various shapes (round, cylinder, crescent, square, flat), various colors (orange, red, green, yellow, color combinations), various flavors (jasmine, vanilla, rose, cinnamon or special flavors). They may be of different sizes and can be placed anywhere in the house. They can also be purchased with their corresponding stands that are often very decorative themselves.
When choosing candles, you should pay attention to color. Generally, choosing the right color depends essentially on when you will use them. You also need to pay attention to the flavor and fragrance of the candles.
- – If you want a romantic night, you should choose red, pink or orange candles – the color of passion, the scent of jasmine, rose, hibiscus, vanilla, cinnamon. They will warm the atmosphere.
- – If you feel tired, overwhelmed by everyday problems and want relaxing moments, you choose yellow or blue candles with citrus flavor – lemon, orange, grapefruit, cedar, lavender, cedar wood and sandalwood.
- – If you want to go well financially, you need to choose green candle with the aroma of juniper and basil. They give us a sense of security and warmth.
- – If we want to meditate or pray, you need to choose purple or red candle with aroma of cypress and sandalwood. They enhance intuition, prayer and devotion.
- – For different occasions, we use white candles. They convey purity, harmony, simplicity, trust.
Scented candles. Not long time ago candles were simple, white, odorless, now you can find a wide range of options, and more than that the vast majority of decorative candles have become fragrant.
Candles are made from alcohols, phenol, acetone, turpentine, ether and various essences, both natural and artificial.
A special category of candles are made of transparent mineral oil. From this transparent mineral oil can be obtained different ornaments or forms of artistic compositions. Before change its structure in gel, in this liquid can be inserted objects, rose petals, shells and starfish or can be made different colors and essences games.
Besides the aesthetic value, candles creates a special light, mysterious, exciting and stimulate your olfactory senses. In aromatherapy, they are a key element, creating a framework favorable to sense relaxation, with a therapeutic and curative side. There are used different essences, extremely beneficial in treating mental tension, depression, lack of concentration or insomnia.
- – For example, eucalyptus and jasmine essences help the immune system with antidepressant and stimulating effect on the body.
- – Essences of lavender and lemon stimulates concentration and is a proven remedy against insomnia and migraines.
- – Essences of vanilla, cinnamon, rose, almond stimulate and help to create a romantic and relaxing atmosphere.
In general, decorative or scented candles, are beautiful, and give color to your home, creating a specific ambiance and a warmth feelings of joy, calm and optimism.